They do send certain spurts at regular intervals which are always misunderstood, for e.g. sudden backache or cervical spondylitis, headaches, migraines etc. which are/may be due to the sudden spurts of energy produced by solar plexuses or related plexuses. In a nutshell, the root cause of the diseases is the mismanagement of energy due to various factors- dietary, emotional, developmental or environmental. So how does one deal with this?
The word 'meditation' comes from the word 'medication' or 'medicine', which means 'to cure'.
Swami Vishvas Ji explains, "Meditation creates, calms, strengthens and energizes. Given a restful period of time in which to regroup, the body tunes and realigns itself thoroughly."
Vishvas Meditation is a very scientific process that maintains a regular flow of energy in the body, bringing all the chemicals and hormones of the body into complete balance, hence enhancing the recovery and healing process. This simple and scientific process regulates the flow of energy, harnesses the hidden sources of energy and activates the energy plexuses, automatically controlling the whole body mechanism in people doing regular practice.
Vishvas Meditation has innumerable health benefits
On the Physical Level:
- Develops higher skin resistance. Low skin resistance is correlated with higher stress and anxiety levels. Vishvas Meditation minimizes and controls stress, tensions, hypertension, high blood pressure, panic, anxiety, anger, reactions, insomnia, diabetes - all mental as well as heart diseases.
- Increases immunity; boosts healing, resistance and repair mechanisms of the body.
- Increases vitality and rejuvenation. Quicker recovery from wounds.
- Relaxes the entire nervous system. Relaxes muscles. Reduces and controls migraine headaches, cervical spondylitis etc. Makes you feel light, weightless and completely relaxed.
- Reduces the intensity of pain, lessens tension and stiffness in ankles, knees and thighs. Reduces arthritis.
- Reduces infertility and impotency. Increases fertility.
- Diminishes symptoms of PMS (Premenstrual Syndrome)
- Reduces free radicals i.e. unstable molecules that can cause tissue damage. They are now thought to be a major factor in ageing and many diseases.
- Results in deeper and slower breathing. Reduces crises asthma, emphysema and chronic pulmonary disease.
- Results in younger biological age. On standard measures of ageing, long term meditators are younger than their chronological age. Prolongs life expectancy.
- Increases coherence and harmony of brain activity. Harmony of brain wave activity in different parts of the brain is associated with greater creativity, improved moral reasoning and higher I.Q. Sharpens intellect and mental skills.
- Enhances concentration power, contemplation power, thinking power, memory power and fitness power.
- Increases alpha rhythms, transforming negative or stagnant energy into positive, life-affirming energy, resulting in enhanced clarity, focus, right thinking, strong will power, optimism, fearlessness, perseverance, determination and a decision making mind.
- Heightens energy levels and work potential. Reduces absenteeism at work and better grades at school.
- Eliminates negative emotions such as fear, anger, reactions, outrage, disappointment, depression, feelings of loneliness and isolation, irritability and moodiness, emotional turmoil etc.
- Supports in kicking addictions and other self defeating behaviors. Complements psychotherapy and other approaches in the treatment of addiction.
- Increases self understanding and self acceptance. Helps to heal alienation from others and the world at large. Develops self love, providing immense self confidence.
- Develops a deeper understanding of who you are and who you may become, helping you discover where your true nature and abilities lie.
On the Emotional Level:
- Develops emotional strength and stability, cultivating positive inner states such as love, bliss (ananda), joy, kindness, patience, tolerance and compassion for the suffering of others.
- Releases all negativities such as stress, worries, ego, reactions, jealousies, complexes, regrets and grudges, hence enhancing your bliss and balance, happiness and harmony, ease and equanimity.
- Increases Sense of Acceptability. Helps in handling repressed memories. Relief from painful intrusive memories.
- Awakens to the present moment making you live in the 'present' rather than in the past or future. Frees one from unreasonable expectations. Eliminates peer pressure.
- Helps you get rid of all negating habits such as unnecessary criticism and judgments of self and others. Develops harmonious relationships with co-workers, family and friends. Reduces fragmentation in families.
- Vishvas Meditation is a great family activity that helps seniors make the best of their lives and helps kids grow into adults with a more positive outlook.
- Builds perennial inner peace and satisfaction that external circumstances cannot shake or disturb, come what may! You begin to move through the ups and downs of life courageously and peacefully, making your life richer and more fulfilled.
- Brings expansion of awareness in the heart and mind, developing the capacity to understand fully every event in your life as it happens. You begin to understand that our home- our beautiful universe is changeable or impermanent by its very nature. You begin to understand, appreciate and make peace with the passing show of the world.
- Helps in achieving ultimate purpose of human life - Self Actualization.
Hence, meditation is indispensable in modern times for good health, mental peace and emotional strength.